Monday, February 1, 2016

Just Some Thoughts...

Hey Everyone!

Here are two things that I have been learning about this semester:

1.) I know that Jesus Christ Atoned for my sins.

     I absolutely love what the scriptures have to tell us in Mosiah 14:

                    "He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and                       we hid as it were out faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not.
                     Surely he has borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows; yet we did esteem him stricken,                   smitten of God, and afflicted.
                      But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the                             chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."

Jesus Christ suffered and even died for us, and rose again so that He would best know how to succor us. I have such a firm testimony that Jesus Christ has taken upon him my sins for me. He knows everything I have felt and everything I will ever feel. There have been times in my life when I have felt completely alone - but because of the love of Christ, I am never alone. As cheesy or cliche as that sounds, I know it to be true. Jesus knows us and is so mindful of each of us.


2.) Repentance is REAL!

     In 2 Nephi chapter 2, it reads:

                  "Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah for he is full of grace                     and truth. Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto                 all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of                     the law be answered."

Because Christ performed the Atonement - we are able to repent of our sins and be made clean through Him; so long as we repent with "a broken heart and a contrite spirit". None of us are perfect, and what comfort the Atonement brings me, to know that I can repent and become better. To learn and grow from the mistakes that I have made, and be more like my Savior.



~Perfectly Imperfect Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment