Monday, March 7, 2016

"Obedience Brings Blessings, Exact Obedience Brings Miracles"

The First Presidency of our church stated not so long ago, that missionaries were no longer allowed to work out in gyms, go to sporting events, or participate in similar activities.

A lot of the missionaries that I served with were not happy about this news. My companion being one of them, concerning working out in the gym. Deciding to keep a positive attitude about it, and wanting to be obedient to what the Lord asked us to do, we found fun and creative ways to exercise in the morning.

A few days following, we received news that areas in France were bombed. We were informed from our Mission President that some of the places that were hit were music and sport centers - and that because all the missionaries were obedient to what the First Presidency had instructed us to do, they were all accounted for.

We shared this message with members frequently throughout the week, and many of them were touched by this tender mercy of the Lord.

---

In 1 Nephi 3:7, it reads:

"And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things
which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no
commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that
they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them."

There are passages all throughout the Book of Mormon and the Bible that talk about the blessings that come from listening and heeding the words of the Lord. The words that come from His apostles and prophets are the same as if God were speaking to us. Doctrine and Covenants 1:38 tells us something very similar:

"What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; 
and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but
shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same."

I know that as we always strive to be obedient that the Lord will shower blessings upon us. I have seen it in my own life as well as in the lives of others. Obedience not only brings blessings, but it brings happiness. And although being obedient isn't always the most "popular" thing to do according to the world's standards - it is always the right thing to do in Heavenly Father's. 


~Perfectly Imperfect Girl
P.I.G.

No comments:

Post a Comment