Monday, December 9, 2013

Snow !

Snow has fallen my friends and the Christmas decorations are up : D Let this holiday season begin .























To start off this marvelous season , I am going to tell you bloggers what Christmas / Holiday traditions that my family and I do every year .

One - My mom and I put up the Christmas tree .
Two - My family decorates the tree together .
Three - My mom and sister make Christmas cookies and the whole family decorates them .
Four - My mom makes yummy fudge .
Five - We draw names from a hat and whoever's name we picked we go and buy a present for them .
Six - I help my mom wrap presents .
Seven - We always get a pair of pajamas for Christmas .
Eight - We eat cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas Day .
Nine - My dad passes out he presents on Christmas day .
Ten - Only two people can open a present at the same time .
Eleven - My dad wears a Santa hat when he passes out the presents .
Twelve - My siblings and I always sneak out of bed early in the morning to look at what Santa brought us .

So here is a question for all you bloggers out there , what are some Christmas / Holiday traditions that you participate in every year ?

~Perfectly Imperfect Girl
(P.I.G.)

2 comments:

  1. I love Christmas traditions!!! Here are some of ours:

    We decorate almost every room in our house with some sort of appropriate Christmas decoration. Most rooms have a tree and most rooms have some form of a nativity.

    We always go to the Festival of the Nativities, and usually my Mom and one of my brothers will come visit during that weekend to go with us.

    We draw names early in the year for our extended family. We have two exchanges: one is a typical gift exchange where you buy a present for the person you drew. The other exchange has to be a homemade gift. That one is usually our favorite - it's fun to see everyone's creativity and talents.

    We have a special Christmas Eve meal every year. It is humble and simple. We turn off all the lights, except for the fireplace and Christmas lights and eat on the floor. We eat traveling foods and we talk about what Mary & Joseph might have eaten and how they might have felt that night on the first Christmas Eve. This is my very favorite tradition of the entire year!! I love this night. <3

    Then, after Christmas Eve dinner, before we go to bed, everyone gets to open one gift - new pajamas! We wear our new pajamas to bed and keep them on as we open gifts the next day.

    On Christmas morning, the kids get each other up but cannot go out to see the gifts until they wake up Mom & Dad. We parents love to see the looks on our kids' faces, so we always want them to wake us up first. One of the parents will go first and get the camcorder out so we can record the reaction of everyone walking into the room and seeing stockings and gifts for the first time.

    Santa doesn't wrap the presents he gives us, and he usually just brings gifts for the family to enjoy together - in addition to individual stockings. So first, we check out the things he left us. We always get some great new movies, books, and games to enjoy together.

    I always make a breakfast casserole the day before and just stick it in the oven before we start opening presents.

    We open presents one at a time so we can all enjoy what each person received.

    We Skype with our family from out of town. We save the presents from the exchange until we're on Skype with my family, then we take turns opening the gifts together over the internet.

    Later that day, we go to my aunt/uncle's house for dinner and to spend time with them and my cousins.

    I love Christmas!! And I love all of the Christmas traditions!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are wonderful traditions ! The camcorder is a fun idea =) Thanks for sharing !

      Delete