Wednesday, September 4, 2013

What's Your Talent ?

I'm on the right side and my friend is on the left .


Not so long ago , my church organized an activity - an activity known as , yup you guessed it , a talent show . At this talent show , my friend and I decided to create a rap song . We had created one previously about our families just for fun - so we thought , hey , why not ? Well let me let you in on a little secret . . . we can't rap . Quite frankly , we aren't very good at it - however , we decided it would be something fun to do with our time . After all the lyrics weren't too bad . Long story short , we sang our rap song in front of our church at this talent show and guess what ? Everyone LOVED it .They couldn't stop laughing . Not because we were bad , but because of our lyrics . We had made the lyrics about the Bishop , his counselors , and their wives . Things they probably didn't know about - fun things and little quirks about them . It was a great way to get to know them and for the audience to get to know them as well . After the performance , my friend and I felt great ! Not only had we made people laugh , and had ourselves a good time , but we developed a new talent ( even if we weren't very good at it ) .

So here is where I get to my point . In the scriptures it talks about developing and practicing our talents . Whether they be playing the piano , being artistic , singing , running , anything ! It can even be something small that we don't always think about - like making people smile or laugh, or having a talent of making conversation . It can be anything . Whatever the talent , it makes you who you are - so why not make it better ?

So here is my question for you bloggers out there - What talents do you have ? How can you improve upon those talents ? And if you don't know what your talent ( s ) is then try new things and figure out what it is . You'll never know what you can do until you put your mind to it . Good luck all - and have a fabulous day .

~Perfectly Imperfect Girl
(P.I.G.)

P . S . Yes , we know we look like total dorks dressed like that . 

No comments:

Post a Comment